Disappearing posts?

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Disappearing posts?

Postby JS » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:27 pm

I get an email from the LXF forum when someone replies to certain posts. However, of late, some of the links in the email don't work? For example, recently I got an email about a new post to this thread (apparently). When I clicked on the link, it said that "The topic or post you requested does not exist"! Yet looking under "View your posts" on the website gives the real link.

The same thing has happened with all my recently replied to threads, which seems to defeat the purpose of these email links.

So, what's happened? Am I missing something?

(I've not been on the forum much recently, so I apologise if I've missed something!)

Thanks.
JS
LXF regular

RE: Disappearing posts?

Postby Rhakios » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:02 pm

You undoubtedly missed the spam storm of a couple of weeks ago that caused a similar problem for some people, 1sf (troll) even felt motivated to post about. Perhaps that is the cause. Has it happened again more recently?
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Postby JS » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:13 pm

Ah. I see. What, 1sf (troll) complained about spam?

Could be the cause. Would threads been "renamed" (like the above) due to spam removal?

It seems to have only affected me around 12-14 July - I've not had many other reply notifications though. This one worked. Must be that the admins/moderators here wiped out the spam before I checked my email!

Thanks for the clarification Rhakios!
JS
LXF regular

Postby nelz » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:51 pm

That was the time of the spam flood, so you'd have got the notification but the spam would have been deleted before you followed the link.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Return to This Website