If it wasn't for that surgical procedure...

Non-computer-related chit-chat

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

If it wasn't for that surgical procedure...

Postby pootman » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:18 pm

...I'd let you have my babies.

Thanks for the free books, which arrived today.
Extremely useful: books dealing with C++, which i'm re-learning after a 14 year gap.
Quite useful: Fedora 4 Unleased, which (at 1150 pages) makes a handy step for my 2yr-old.

ps Belated congratulations on getting Linux Format mentioned three times on the back cover of F4U...
This signature has been produced using traditional writing methods on behalf of The Campaign For Real Slogans.
To enjoy this signature at its best, adjust your monitor's resolution to 1024x768.
pootman
LXF regular

RE: If it wasn

Postby Nigel » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:32 am

I'd also like to express my thanks to LXF for the free books, which were awaiting my return from vacation.

"SQL Cookbook" is probably the most useful for me... I intend to do some stuff with MySQL later in the year (using the "Dummies" book as my starting point) and an alternative reference book is always a bonus.
"Pro Perl" is interesting. No intention of learning Perl at the moment, but you never know... It looks like a pretty complete guide.
I'm sure I'll find a use for "Teach Yourself Fedora 4"... probably as a donation to the next person who asks me about getting into Linux :)
Nigel
LXF regular

Return to Off Topic