ECI B-Focus USB 150 + Linux

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

ECI B-Focus USB 150 + Linux

Postby kat » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:54 am

Hi, I have Tiscali Broadband and USB modem B-FOCuS USB 150, connected to my PC running Xandros 3.0. I'v been trying to set up Internet connection. I found a driver for my modem (http://eciadsl.flashtux.org/download/ec ... 1_i386.deb) and I have installed it via Xandros Network. So... my question is : What is the next step to get get that modem working.
THX for any help.
Michal.

PS. Sorry for my EnGlish.
kat

RE: ECI B-Focus USB 150 + Linux

Postby youlikeicecream » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:10 pm

you probably need to configure the ADSL modems connection parameters OR set up your Network connection. Am not familiar with Xandros so I cant say where to find this information.

Mike :)
youlikeicecream
LXF regular

Postby kat » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:36 pm

Yes, but the main problem is that Xandros is unable to detect that modem. Any way, Xandros is unable to start any more after I installed that driver and reboot PC ... Hmmm ... I will go back and i'll install old good Slackware again. Should be easyer to find out what is wrong with that modem/driver.
kat

Postby youlikeicecream » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:38 pm

Sounds like a solution, but, as I have said before ... buying a router will just make life easier all-round. you wont need drivers as it is just reliant on your net card drivers (which are nearly all found by new distros)

at the end of the day you can stick with USB connection, but this will hold back your freedom of choice over which OS you want to be running

Mike :)
youlikeicecream
LXF regular

Postby karbolet » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:57 pm

I am dealing with the same problem and it seems that B-FOCuS USB 150 is not supported by the eciadsl driver, more probable to solve it through eagle-usb drivers - though I have not succeded in that yet... :(
karbolet

Return to Help!