Changing resolution of the screen

For discussing Linux compatible (or not) devices

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Changing resolution of the screen

Postby Freedomp » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:23 pm

:oops:

Sorry I'm new ussing linux, I try to change the resolution from 600 x 800 to a better resolution, but mi computer didn't recognize that configuration and now I canwork with mi linux, I try to change this ussing yast, but is the same thing.

I'm, ussing linux suse 10.1, in a pc with windows xp in the same disc.

somebody knows what can I do?

Thanks.
Freedomp

RE: Changing resolution of the screen

Postby nelz » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:29 pm

We really need to know more about your situation. What hardware do you have? How did you try to change it, by editing a config file, using YaST or what?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby Freedomp » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:42 am

Thanks my friend, I really don't know how but, last time I started linux, it's works again, but you're right, I was using YaST, My friend, I need also installed my internet in linux and some program to read video, can you tellme if there any link in wich I can find information about that?
Thanks a lot
Freedomp

Postby nelz » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:43 am

You already have a video player. If you use the GNOME desktop, try Totem, with KDE use Kaffeine.

As for the Internet, you really have to provide more information with such questions. What type of Internet connections - dialup, ISDN, ADSL, cable? What type of hardware are you using - internal modem, serial modem, USB modem, ethernet modem, router?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Return to Hardware