can't get registered!!

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

can't get registered!!

Postby sirrondach » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:44 pm

:cry: I registered a couple of hours ago and I'm still waiting for the email with a password. I've even told the registration process that I've forgotten the password and it told me it had sent the Confirmation Code, but I haven't received this either.
What's happening? (or NOT?)
sirrondach

RE: can

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:55 pm

I have now tried registering using my work email address but still have had no responses.

Postby Rhakios » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:50 pm

Same problem here.
Rhakios

Re: RE: can

Postby Andy » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:54 pm

Anonymous wrote:I have now tried registering using my work email address but still have had no responses.

Hmmm... When I registered yesterday my password arrived pretty much instantaneously. It was sent to my gmail account - granted, the password was a gobbledygookish one, but I just cut and pasted it in and everything worked.

Sorry if I am stating the obvious, but have you checked to make sure that a. your spam filter hasn't filtered out the registration email or b. that you had typed your email address in correctly. I am forever typing in gmailc.om rather than gmail.com!

(Of course, if you do want a gmail address then feel free to email me - my email address appears every issue at the back under advertising :)

Other than that I can't help you - perhaps the admins will be able to look at the logs to find out what is happening.

Sorry! :roll:

Andy
Andy

RE: Re: RE: can

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:15 pm

Two hours & no email reply here either.
No problem, after waiting two months, I can wait a bit longer

Postby Rhakios » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:15 pm

Spam filtering on my e-mail account simply marks mail as spam, but does not delete it, I have had nothing of that sort since attempting to register. Typing in my e-mail address incorrectly is not likely to be an issue as it auto-completes and hasn't caused me any problems before.

Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow, maybe.
:(
Rhakios

Postby evilnick » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:27 pm

Rhakios! Welcome home!
Sorry you are having problems. I'll check the mail server, but it's odd that it seems to work fine for some and not for others. If you still have problems, send me a mail and I'll manually create an account for you
Last edited by evilnick on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evilnick

Postby Rhakios » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:59 pm

Thanks Nick, and after all the sarcastic comments I have made over the years, I'm touched, really :)

Just as a matter of interest, for those who are having trouble signing up, what browser are you using? I have tried with Opera7.54. If I'd been thinking more clearly my second attempt would have been using a different browser :oops:
Rhakios

nor me, neither

Postby guy » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:00 pm

Tried a few times, no emails coming my way.

Please let us know when you've fixed it.
guy

Postby nelz » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:46 pm

Rhakios wrote:Thanks Nick, and after all the sarcastic comments I have made over the years, I'm touched, really :)

We know that :)

Rhakios wrote:Just as a matter of interest, for those who are having trouble signing up, what browser are you using? I have tried with Opera7.54. If I'd been thinking more clearly my second attempt would have been using a different browser :oops:

Registration worked immediately for me, using Konqueror. Unfortunately, Konq is very slow when viewing the site. It seems to have some sort of nostalgia mode that introduces long pauses while loading pages. :cry:
nelz
Site admin

Postby evilnick » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:07 pm

as mentioned elsewhere, some of the code is a little suspish, but to be fair, so is Konq...
evilnick

Postby evilnick » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:05 pm

See admin message on front pagefor login probs...
evilnick

Postby Rhakios » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:21 pm

nelz wrote:
Rhakios wrote:Thanks Nick, and after all the sarcastic comments I have made over the years, I'm touched, really :)

We know that :)

And a pleasure to converse with you again as well nelz.

Thanks to Nick for e-mailing me a password :D
Rhakios

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:17 am

Well, I'm glad all you other guys have been sorted out, but as the initiator of this thread I'm still sitting here waiting for a password to login with. I've done exactly what it says on the tin - I've requested a confirmation code this morning and got one, three times! Now when I use it to request a password, the system emails me the confirmation code again, but nothing else. Is there still a bug in the Registration Process, and can Nick please be a kind man again and manually email me a password please (you have my email address on the system). Thanks in advance.

Postby nelz » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:19 am

Which browser are you using?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Next

Return to Help!