Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Postby spottedcat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:17 pm

Two questions/comments:

1 When I go to the LXF home page shortly after starting firefox, I see the option 'Log Out' under Site Navigation even though I haven't yet logged in. This option is either newly placed on the home page or I've been having a prolonged senior moment for the past nearly a year. I tried clicking on it (before I had logged in), wondering if it was a typo, and it told me I was now logged out. Well, yes indeed. :? It's not a big issue, since I can click on 'Visit the forums' and then 'Log in', but I thought I'd point it out because it would be handy to have a login link on the home page.

2 I enjoy reading the news items in the centre column of the home page, and the links from them. Is there an archive somewhere on the website of news stories that have now dropped off the bottom? I was particularly interested in one a month or so ago which was a link to a nicely-written guide to GRUB. It may have been two or three months ago.

If I haven't said it before, thanks to all of you in LXF towers for your great work on both the magazine and this website.
spottedcat
LXF regular

RE: Log in/out and news stories.

Postby M-Saunders » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:26 pm

1 - Thanks for spotting that. I changed the text of some of the entries in the Main Menu box, but that gets PostNuke all confuzzled so I've changed it back for now (will go into the code later). Now those entries shouldn't be displayed when not necessary! When you're not logged in, you should find a login box on the right-hand side of every page (beneath the 'Latest issue' box).

2 - I'll look into adding a separate News section where you can step back through pages.

Thanks for the feedback!

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Return to This Website