which version of xp home (32-64)bit

Help and discussion about non-Linux operating systems

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

which version of xp home (32-64)bit

Postby linix » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:31 pm

Hiya,

Firstly, sorry about this, LoL. My sister has a athlon64 based computer with winxp home preinstalled, and she would like to know if it is the 64bit version, i do not know this rubb--- i mean software and woundered if some one could give a simple step by step guide to verifiing which one it is so i can e-mail the instructions to her as i cannot go to the comp to find out myself.

Cheers Nick
linix

RE: which version of xp home (32-64)bit

Postby Nigel » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:42 pm

If it is the 64 bit version it will tell you on the splash screen as it boots up. Or right-click on My Computer & select Properties - it tells you what version of Windows you have on the General tab of the property sheet. If it doesn't explicitly say 64 bit then it's a 32 bit version.

Also, I have a suspicion that if it is badged as XP Home it will be the 32 bit version - I've only ever seen the 64 bit version in "Pro" guise.
Hope this helps,

Nigel.
Nigel
LXF regular

RE: which version of xp home (32-64)bit

Postby linix » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:09 pm

Hiya,

Cheers Nigel, i will forward the infomation, Incedentaly, i searched microsofts web site for the answer and it could not understand however i phrased it, LoL. I did notice references to 64bit pro and MC edition so i think you might be right. Cheers for your quick reply.

Nick
linix

Return to Other OS