New forums

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

New forums

Postby M-Saunders » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:34 pm

Lo all,

I've added a couple of new forums to the site. The first, 'Other OS', can be used for discussing and getting help on non-Linux operating systems such as FreeBSD, OS X and Solaris. And Syllable :-)

There's also an 'Off Topic' forum for stuff unrelated to computing, such as snooker players and the best way to construct a spice rack. Get chatting!

Mike
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Re: New forums

Postby Dave2 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:52 pm

M-Saunders wrote:There's also an 'Off Topic' forum for stuff unrelated to computing, such as snooker players and the best way to construct a spice rack. Get chatting!

Does that include "How to lose spectacularly at pool"? :P
Bloat. The crappiest Perl script in the world? You decide!
Dave2

RE: Re: New forums

Postby M-Saunders » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:09 pm

Ah, that didn't affect me, honest. It matters not who won or lost, but how you play the game! It's the taking part that counts.

(*whisper* must... never... lose... again...)

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby M-Saunders » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:22 am

Update:

In order to reduce clutter in the forum list, I've merged 'Mobile' into 'Help', and joined the 'Magazine' and 'Coverdiscs' sections. All the old posts remain!

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby comcamel » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:55 pm

one suggestion for the forum, could it be possible to change the colour of the phpbb quick reply box from orange to blue as it is really annoying
comcamel
LXF regular

Postby nelz » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:51 pm

Go into My Account and change the theme to ExtraLite. It's much less annoying all round, and much faster.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Re: RE: Re: New forums

Postby linix » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:48 pm

nelz wrote:Go into My Account and change the theme to ExtraLite. It's much less annoying all round, and much faster.

Hi nelz,

Cheers for that insight, i had not considered to change that but it's much better now.

I have added a sig so that when i have to ask questions my comp is there for info only.

Cheers Nick
linix

Re: RE: Re: New forums

Postby linix » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:49 pm

linix wrote:
nelz wrote:Go into My Account and change the theme to ExtraLite. It's much less annoying all round, and much faster.

Hi nelz,

Cheers for that insight, i had not considered to change that but it's much better now.

I have added a sig so that when i have to ask questions my comp is there for info only.

Cheers Nick

Ooops, :oops: Except it has not worked !
linix

Return to This Website