filename with ? how to fix this

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

RE: Re: RE: filename with ? how to fix this

Postby Guest » Tue May 03, 2005 12:25 pm

hello all,

I tryed all that was suggested while it was suggested, it might be that the file system is behond recovery as even if I edit the card.img suggested by Nelz using khexedit suggested by towy71, I cannot find the directory with the corrupted name
the only error messages that I get while accessing the card after mounting /dev/sda1 is that the file does not exist, escaping the ? does not work (as I indicate in a previous reply)

I am very gratful for the help and suggestion, it hopened some other possibilities.

but... is there a software that can edit the filesystem (not the files) ? :-)))

thanks

reup

Postby Guest » Thu May 05, 2005 10:04 am

hold on your horses (like they said)

I got them back. to my shame, I found in the package of the media reader a program for Windows called HAMA photorescue. to my shame because I would have preferd use Linux but thos was too important to me to pass a solution. so I recover my photos even if I still cannot access the folder from a prompt or a filebrowser

thanks for everybody's help

Reup

Postby towy71 » Thu May 05, 2005 11:15 am

Noth ing against any tool that gets the job done, I still have to use Windows for my laptop when I want wireless access cos the PCMCIA card I was given will not work in Linux, not even with ndiswrapper so there you go.
I do hope you have now formatted the card and no longer have the initial problem ;-)
still looking for that door into summer
towy71

Previous

Return to Help!