PCLinuxOS .92 released tonight in 5 delicious flavours!

Community announcements - software releases, LUG meetings etc.

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

PCLinuxOS .92 released tonight in 5 delicious flavours!

Postby davecs » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:57 pm

For information, the 0.92 preview has been in test versions, the last one, Test-04, was stated as being the final release provided no showstoppers came to light.

The latest news is that the final versions will be posted tonight (21/11/05) in the usual mirrors. Goto http://www.pclinuxonline.com/pclos for links.

There will be FIVE versions of the iso:

1 Vanilla
2 Modern nvidia
3 Older nvidia
4 ATI
5 Mini.me.iso, i.e., as little as possible to cover a graphics desktop, hardware detection and synaptic installed, so that you can build up from there.

.93 is also expected soon, some programs that Texstar wants to have in it, are not yet fully released, including KDE3.5, xorg 6.9, improved kernel patches, but he did not feel it was right to delay .92 any longer.

The developers would like requests re certain hardwares, particularly difficult WiFi cards etc, if .92 does not work correctly with them, in time so that those problems can be put right in time for .93.
Asus Asus M2N32 WS Pro+Athlon AM2/4200+ — GeForce 7600GT — 2Gb Cosair VS RAM — 500Gb WD5000AAKS SATA Drive — PCLinuxOS
davecs
LXF regular

RE: PCLinuxOS .92 released tonight in 5 delicious flavours!

Postby davecs » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:37 pm

For any PCLOS watchers, you will know that the Mini.me iso has not put in an appearance. However, there is a GNOME version now available. I'm not sure if it is on the usual mirrors, you should go to the PCLOS forums under "Announcements" for details.
Asus Asus M2N32 WS Pro+Athlon AM2/4200+ — GeForce 7600GT — 2Gb Cosair VS RAM — 500Gb WD5000AAKS SATA Drive — PCLinuxOS
davecs
LXF regular

Return to Announcements