localhost login Mandriva

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

localhost login Mandriva

Postby JimT » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:37 pm

I'm on the west side of the pond. Wash. DC. I just bought the Mandriva issue. I had 9.2 installed on a second HD and working fine. I did a complete install of your cover cd's a couple times. It always boots to the localhost login. I log in and try to run "kde" and just get error messages. The instuctions say I should get a GUI at login not the linux dos login.
JimT

RE: localhost login Mandriva

Postby Rhakios » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:50 pm

You should try running startx and look at the error messages you get then, unless it works, of course.

You could try logging in as root and running XFdrake, it will run in console mode, but this will allow you to check that it has your correct monitor and graphics card selected, and if not, change them.
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

RE: localhost login Mandriva

Postby firefox » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:45 pm

Are you sure you installed kde and X.org ?
firefox

Mandriva 2006

Postby frazelle09 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:00 pm

Also have my KDE coming up with localhost window and have to login. Before upgrading from 10.1 it was set up so that i would be logged in automatically. I´ve tried to change this through MCC and some KDE specific menus, but the changes don´t see to take. Any ideas? Have a nice afternoon!! :)
frazelle09

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs