Magazine archives

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Magazine archives

Postby M-Saunders » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:44 pm

Lo all,

As some of you may have seen from the front page, we're building an archive of LXF articles on the site -- currently accessible as PDFs, with some to be Wikified in future for updating.

Right now, we have a selection of articles from LXF 69 and earlier, with more to come. If you're not a Newsletter subscriber, sign up and you'll get early notification of new PDFs, before anyone else :-)

Lastly, if there's a particular article some readers would like to see in PDF format, let me know and I'll see what I can do. (No guarantees, especially if it's a very recent article).

Enjoy!

Mike
M-Saunders
LXF regular

RE: Magazine archives

Postby Haakin » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:57 pm

Hi,

That's a great piece of news. I'd like that all the magazines were PDF files. I simply don't have enough free space at home and I have to get rid of them (and this is a very sad moment). It would be great if they were downloadable or they could be put on the cover discs.

At least, have you consider to let access to the full archive to subscribers (like me)?
English is not my mother tongue. So, be ready to read bad grammar and limited vocabulary :-(
Haakin
LXF regular

RE: Magazine archives

Postby M-Saunders » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:29 pm

Hi Haakin,

Yes, we're evaluating ways to expand and improve the archives. Logistically it'd be difficult to open up everything to subscribers (making sure users were genuine) but it may be something for the future!

Anyway, glad you like them. I'm planning to add a new bunch later this week, so if you're signed up to the Newsletter you'll hear about it first :-)

Mike
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Return to This Website