unhappy with magazine and discs

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

unhappy with magazine and discs

Postby ninjaman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:25 pm

hello
im unhappy with the purchase i made of the linux format and the two discs that came with it. how can i get a refund of this magazine. i have the discs in their sleeves and the magazine is in perfect condition. who do i send it to for a refund.
thanks
ninjaman
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Re: unhappy with magazine and discs

Postby linux_dan » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:50 pm

ninjaman wrote:hello
im unhappy with the purchase i made of the linux format and the two discs that came with it. how can i get a refund of this magazine. i have the discs in their sleeves and the magazine is in perfect condition. who do i send it to for a refund.
thanks


Is it April the 1st ??

Since when could you return magazines if you decide you don't like them?

Must try this next time I buy one from WHSmiths :D :D :D :D
linux_dan
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Postby heiowge » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:54 pm

I'm sure if you ask nicely, they'll refund the cost of the software contained on the disc. You will, of course, be required to return the disc first. :D
i5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asus H87M-E motherboard, 8GB DDR3, 2GB DDR5 nVidia card, 2x500GB Seagate hd, Coolermaster 750W PSU running Mint 16 MATE and Win7

eeepc 1015PX, 1.66 Ghz Intel atom processor, 2 GB DDR3, 320 GB hd, Mint 14 MATE. Fan needs fixing.
User avatar
heiowge
LXF regular
 
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:21 pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Postby ninjaman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:05 pm

im unhappy with the fact that i cant get it to work.
i would like somthing back as i feel i have received no help in making use of what i have purchased. i know its free on the internet. i thought that buying a copy already on a disc with tutorials,(thinking this would help) was a good idea.
ninjaman
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Postby linux_dan » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:08 pm

ninjaman wrote:im unhappy with the fact that i cant get it to work.
i would like somthing back as i feel i have received no help in making use of what i have purchased. i know its free on the internet. i thought that buying a copy already on a disc with tutorials,(thinking this would help) was a good idea.


But it is not a special issue based on the disk? the disc is a bonus to the magazine.

Maybe you would have been better buying a book off Amazon that comes with the software.
linux_dan
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Postby nelz » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:56 pm

ninjaman wrote:i would like somthing back as i feel i have received no help in making use of what i have purchased.


I don't recall you asking for help. Complaining, swearing and throwing insults does not count as asking for help.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
User avatar
nelz
Site admin
 
Posts: 8553
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Warrington, UK

Postby linux_dan » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:02 pm

nelz wrote:
ninjaman wrote:i would like somthing back as i feel i have received no help in making use of what i have purchased.


I don't recall you asking for help. Complaining, swearing and throwing insults does not count as asking for help.


I received a ***** private message which i assume was swearing :shock:
linux_dan
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Postby katystar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:01 pm

I am sorry you are unhappy with your purchase. If you could email me (katy.robinson@futurenet.com) with more details on this matter and where you made your purchase of the magazine from I shall look into for you.

Kind Regards,
Katy
Katy Robinson
Direct Marketing Product Manager
Linux Format magazine
katystar
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:51 pm
Location: Bath

Postby heiowge » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:59 pm

That's far nicer than deserved.
i5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asus H87M-E motherboard, 8GB DDR3, 2GB DDR5 nVidia card, 2x500GB Seagate hd, Coolermaster 750W PSU running Mint 16 MATE and Win7

eeepc 1015PX, 1.66 Ghz Intel atom processor, 2 GB DDR3, 320 GB hd, Mint 14 MATE. Fan needs fixing.
User avatar
heiowge
LXF regular
 
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:21 pm
Location: Cheshire, UK


Return to Magazine and coverdiscs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests