Google sites

Non-computer-related chit-chat

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Google sites

Postby heiowge » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Does anyone know anything about "Google Sites"?

My forum's homepage is made with google sites and I'm having issues.

My forum and it's homepage were set up by the previous admin. He arranged for a homepage and a few other pages off it for our site using google sites and a forum using freeforums. I took over as admin about 2 years ago (previous admin is no longer reachable). I tidied up the site a little and change the "doorbell" every month or two.

The "doorbell" is a single picture icon on the homepage that if you click it, it takes you to the forum. Since it's a puzzle forum, I change the pic to a new puzzle that catches my eye every so often.

What I have to do is scroll down to the bottom of the homepage and click "sign in". It then loads a login page and takes me back to the home page, but with various edit options added. From there I can edit, then sign out and changes are made.

Problem is, for the last week or two, the sign-in page doesn't load. Nothing. Blank page. At first I thought it might be down to browser or some linux compatibility issue, but I've just had chance to test with chrome, firefox, and IE on linux and windows.

I've managed to sign in with gmail as that account, but it won't accept I'm signed in when I get back to my site. I've searched google forums and threads and not found a reason, or better, a fix.

Any suggestions / ideas? :?
i5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asus H87M-E motherboard, 8GB DDR3, 2GB DDR5 nVidia card, 2x500GB Seagate hd, Coolermaster 750W PSU running Mint 17.1 MATE and Win7

HP mini, 1.66 Ghz Intel atom processor, 2 GB DDR3, 320 GB hd, Mint 17 MATE
heiowge
LXF regular

Postby MartyBartfast » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:21 pm

I've got a google sites page, but I don't do anything with it. When I just went there with Firefox and clicked the "sign in" page it just refreshed the page for me and didn't go to the sign in page; I tried in Chrome and it took me to the sign in page, I signed in and was able to edit the site.

All on Fedora

Don't know if that helps!!!!
I have been touched by his noodly appendage.
MartyBartfast
LXF regular

Postby heiowge » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks. I uninstalled and reinstalled chromium and couldn't get it to work until I opened the link in another tab, then it loaded first time. :?
i5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asus H87M-E motherboard, 8GB DDR3, 2GB DDR5 nVidia card, 2x500GB Seagate hd, Coolermaster 750W PSU running Mint 17.1 MATE and Win7

HP mini, 1.66 Ghz Intel atom processor, 2 GB DDR3, 320 GB hd, Mint 17 MATE
heiowge
LXF regular

Postby sujith34 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:50 am

no i dont but i found this forum through Google search engine..
sujith34

Return to Off Topic