mini-books

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

mini-books

Postby ubuntu » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:52 am

hi I was wondering why there is no PDFs for the mini-books that came with the magazines a few issues ago 142, 135, and one on the acer aspire. I noticed you have done them for the ace coding academy supplements recently and I would so love to have these mini-books as PDFs. they are ace little things is it possible to do them as PDFs or points me to where I could get them if they have been done already, cant find them in the archives :( fantastic mag keep up the hard work!!!!!
ubuntu

Postby ubuntu » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:45 am

I don't suppose any of you guys at HQ would know if it were possible to get them or sort something out, just one would be greatly appreciated? Pretty please :D I know it may seem a lot to ask its just that I really want PDFs of these. I was going to scan them but that would result in breaking the spine and the quality wouldn't compare to the PDFs that you guys produce! Or should I assume they were never made to PDF to begin with and just give up!?
ubuntu

Postby M-Saunders » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:24 am

I don't have PDFs for the whole books, but I'll see if I can get hold of them. Can't make any guarantees though!

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby ubuntu » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:43 am

Mike your a star just for trying :!: :!: anything would be appreciated whole or in part!!!! just out of interest why weren't they made available? the coding supplements have been. I'm sure most people will agree they were great things, especially Paul Hudson php coding academy one(even more so if you couldn't get the special edition). if you cant get them never mind thanks for trying!!!
ubuntu

Postby M-Saunders » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Righto, you can now get the books as PDFs for issue 142 and 135. Log into the subs area then go to the issue and you'll see a link in a yellow box:

"Click here to download the free book"

Enjoy!

Mike
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby ubuntu » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:40 pm

mike your No1!!!!! nice one this has saved me soooo much time in scanning. thanks sooo much for doing that helps to complete my lxf pdf collection!!!!

Cheers!!!!!
ubuntu

Postby Borat » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Thanks Mike! Good job.
Borat

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs