Have my password, but my user name is not accepted ...

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Have my password, but my user name is not accepted ...

Postby wish_I_knew » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:57 pm

I attempted to search in sections I have posted previously and most recently (but that is still months ago) and my searches fail so I cannot confirm either that my username I recorded is in error or if another problem is at fault. If I knew my username I could get my password, but not the inverse.

Any suggestions? I would rather not put my email address here in public where it can so easily be added to a spam listing.
wish_I_knew

RE: Have my password, but my user name is not accepted ...

Postby nelz » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:08 pm

If it was months ago, that was the old site. you need to register again for the new forums.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

RE: Have my password, but my user name is not accepted ...

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:35 pm

Thanks, I did not know re-registration was necessary - I go for months without visiting many sites in my bookmarks. And recently when I have been working on taxes and pulling all my user data from this fouled up laptop with a miraculously* working version of Linux (* it's a miracle it works at all, nearly everything I have checked seems to have failed during installation). Later installing from source corrected some problems, but the installation is at best marginal.

My efforts have been directed to moving my data to another machine so that I can try Fedora Core or a more recent version of Mandrake.

I should explain: I still have NT 5 on this machine and its having two partitions and the necessity of having to have a swap left no room for for a separate /home partition. Hence, everything that is to be saved must be manually copied and transfered to another machine. That would not be a real problem had the ssh not stopped working between the two. Copying to a usb device and transferring has been "fun" and "interesting". But I could have missed it without regret.

Return to Help!