The Linux Effect

Non-computer-related chit-chat

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

The Linux Effect

Postby LoL » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:50 am

Having spent the best part of the last two evenings, p*ssing myself laughing at the Macolytes and Microsoft Certified Systems Evangelists flaming each other here, here and here, I just had to share this:

The Linux effect:

1. you dual boot your notebook with some version of Linux (it's either this or eating my own arms out of Microsoft-induced frustration, you think) and some version of Windows (just in case Linux is as bad as the price suggests, you think).

2. You find you're mostly/always using Linux (and it's saved you from eating your arms).

3. You start to think you might mention this, since others also seem frustrated with their computing experiences. Even though you know talking about operating systems is by far the best way of ensuring you have no friends, you just can't help feeling slightly altruistic.

4. But meanwhile people are looking over your shoulder and saying 'What's that? Can you put that on my computer?'

5. Adding up the number of people who have said this, and faced with the prospect of becoming a voluntary IT technician in what is laughingly referred to as your 'spare time', you decide to keep quiet about the whole thing. What's so good about altruism anyway?
Oontz <-- Click Here
LoL
LXF regular

Postby johnhudson » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:17 am

Some people reckon it gives you a longer life.
johnhudson
LXF regular

Postby LoL » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:52 am

johnhudson wrote:Some people reckon it gives you a longer life.

And more arms :wink:
Oontz <-- Click Here
LoL
LXF regular

Return to Off Topic