Using Gameport Joystick on Fedora 12

For discussing Linux compatible (or not) devices

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Using Gameport Joystick on Fedora 12

Postby Cagere » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi. Can anyone give me ideas on installing and testing a joystick on Fedora 12. It is an old Logitech Wingman 3001 which is connected to the Gameport on a Soundblaster Live! sound card. The system seems to be detecting the emu10k1 chip in the card and loading a module which sounds as if it is correct. I have tried the "jstest" program but it wants to know the joysticks name. I tried js0 with no result. I suspect that I will have to setup a configuration file somewhere. Most of the Joystick info. on the net seems well out of date or is specific to other distributions (or both). In case it is any help "lspci" shows "03:08.1- Multimedia Audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live emu10k1(Rev06)" Help!
Cagere

Postby Cagere » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:40 am

Hi.
In case it of use to others I have found info. that fixed the problem. There is a recent(24-02-2010) posting at "http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/input/joystick.txt". This covers many brands of joystick and after doing a modprobe of joydev,....analog.....emu0k1-gp and doing a mknod input/js0 c 13 0 the joystick was detected by "joystick desktop" and calibrated just fine! I have now put the module info into /etc/rc.local so that it loads at boot time. All I have to do now is to persuade "Flight Unlimited"-DOS version to work with DosBox. Thanks Vojtech Pavlik!
CA
Cagere

Return to Hardware