The Newest Linux: Chrome OS

Help and discussion about non-Linux operating systems

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Postby LeeNukes » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:43 am

Sorry to take this topic off course but not long ago people were paying close to £1000 for a device which was small enough to fit into your pocket.

It was the wave of UMPC devices which never really took off due to their huge cost, then we got slightly lower power but just as small devices and cheap, why do people complain that they can get a laptop for the same price?!
LeeNukes
LXF regular

Postby CJLL » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:39 pm

Rhakios wrote:I have long considered the chief advantage of a netbook over an entry level laptop is that you can fit one in the poacher's pocket of your coat ;)

hehe :) I've outgrown poachers pockets, and now carry a man bag :oops:
--
The reward for self love is sticky hands
CJLL
LXF regular

Postby CJLL » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:42 pm

LeeNukes wrote:Sorry to take this topic off course but not long ago people were paying close to £1000 for a device which was small enough to fit into your pocket.

It was the wave of UMPC devices which never really took off due to their huge cost, then we got slightly lower power but just as small devices and cheap, why do people complain that they can get a laptop for the same price?!

Not complaining that I can get a laptop at the same price, just the fact that M$ tax has pushed the price of netbooks through the roof. :(
--
The reward for self love is sticky hands
CJLL
LXF regular

Previous

Return to Other OS