Firefox 4 bookmarks toolbar

Discussion topics, Linux related - not requests for help

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Firefox 4 bookmarks toolbar

Postby heiowge » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:58 am

Since the upgrade, I'm finding that now and again the bookmarks toolbar fails to open when clicked on. I have to restart ff to fix it.

Anyone else finding this?
heiowge
LXF regular

Re: Firefox 4 bookmarks toolbar

Postby ollie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:53 am

heiowge wrote:Since the upgrade, I'm finding that now and again the bookmarks toolbar fails to open when clicked on. I have to restart ff to fix it.

No, FF4 on Ubuntu 10.10 from the http://ppa.launchpad.net/mozillateam/fi ... ble/ubuntu repo.
ollie

Postby heiowge » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:01 pm

I got f4 from an update. I assume it came from the firefox stable option I grabbed from the source centre (using ubuntu tweak).
heiowge
LXF regular

Postby RedWillow » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:31 pm

heiowge wrote:I'm finding that now and again the bookmarks toolbar fails to open when clicked on. I have to restart ff to fix it.

Do you mean that your folders in the bookmarks toolbar fail to drop down their contents when clicked? If so, then yes. There's an easier way. Click once on the desktop and they'll work again. Difficult when you're working with a maximised firefox though.
RedWillow
LXF regular

Postby heiowge » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Thats the problem. But yes, I do use maximised ff. The issue wasn't there before the upgrade.
heiowge
LXF regular

Postby DaveS » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:16 pm

RedWillow wrote:
heiowge wrote:I'm finding that now and again the bookmarks toolbar fails to open when clicked on. I have to restart ff to fix it.

Do you mean that your folders in the bookmarks toolbar fail to drop down their contents when clicked? If so, then yes. There's an easier way. Click once on the desktop and they'll work again. Difficult when you're working with a maximised firefox though.

Have been using Openbox lately. One of its features is the ability to set margins at the screen edges. By setting a margin or 3 or 4 pixels all round, I just have to shove the mouse pointer to a screen edge and I can click on the desktop even with maximised apps. Any way to do this in Gnome?
Mostly Minty with a dash of Puppy......
DaveS

Postby heiowge » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:00 pm

I was thinking that I've not had this problem for a while. Then I realised that when I reinstalled 10.10, I never upgraded from 3.6xxx :oops:
heiowge
LXF regular

Postby RedWillow » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:02 pm

heiowge wrote:I was thinking that I've not had this problem for a while. Then I realised that when I reinstalled 10.10, I never upgraded from 3.6xxx :oops:

Reading your post I've just realised I haven't seen this problem in a while either and I've been using Natty/FF4 ever since I last posted. Difference being that Natty was in beta when I last posted and now it's well past final release. A bug-fix must have slipped through and I didn't notice. Shame on me! :P
RedWillow
LXF regular

Return to Discussion