Canadian Jobs

Non-computer-related chit-chat

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Canadian Jobs

Postby bobthebob1234 » Wed May 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Here's the deal.

Next year (2012 - 2013) I will hopefully be doing a year in industry / internship.
I would like to do this in Canada. Don't ask why, I just do.

So I'm going to be a bit cheeky here :wink: and ask if anyone knows of any good companies that offer intern-ships in Canada in the linux / web (PHP,mysql,etc) / computers sector, as I have no contacts or anything over there.

I have been a googling for some time and its all quite complicated really...

Thanks. :D
For certain you have to be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was
bobthebob1234
LXF regular

Postby M-Saunders » Wed May 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Canada, eh?

No idea, but your sig always reminds me of this famous internet saying:

"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby lok1950 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:04 pm

There are a few Linux shops here in Ottawa bob Roaring Penguin comes to mind first Spam Assassin devs 8) Toronto also have a large group of start-ups that probably would like an un-paid intern on site. An other Ottawa possibility is The Code Factory. Good luck on the search and if you do land here the local LUG meets at the public library down town with a second session at near by pub.

Enjoy the Choice :)
lok1950
LXF regular

Postby donoreo » Thu May 26, 2011 1:13 pm

I am in Toronto (the Centre of the Universe in Canadian terms ;) ). I honestly cannot think of one, but I am sure there are many. I can see what I can find out about certain companies if you hear anything.

I am a Linux admin at a game developer. We do not develop on Linux though, but we do run Perforce on Linux.
I cannot deny anything that I did not say.
donoreo
LXF regular

Re: Canadian Jobs

Postby leke » Sat May 28, 2011 1:41 pm

bobthebob1234 wrote:I would like to do this in Canada. Don't ask why, I just do.

I would like to work in Canada or the Netherlands. Don't ask why either, I just do. ;) ;) ;)
leke
LXF regular

Return to Off Topic