My own Avatar

Non-computer-related chit-chat

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Postby MartyBartfast » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:16 pm

None of those links are links to the image, they're links to php code that displays images.

You need to find a URL for the actual image you want to see.

Edit to add: As you say you've got a blog somewhere, use upload an image to it and use that as it seems flickr is making things difficult.
I have been touched by his noodly appendage.
MartyBartfast
LXF regular

Postby smoky » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:19 pm

MartyBartfast wrote:None of those links are links to the image, they're links to php code that displays images.

You need to find a URL for the actual image you want to see.

Edit to add: As you say you've got a blog somewhere, use upload an image to it and use that as it seems flickr is making things difficult.

Thats fine, I know that, but no one has suggested how to do that yet, unless I join a specific web site just to have an avatar it is a bit past rediculous and I'll just have to wear a non avatar presence on this forum.... :evil:
Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!
smoky

Postby M-Saunders » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:18 pm

smoky wrote:Thats fine, I know that, but no one has suggested how to do that yet

1) Upload pic to http://imageshack.us
2) Use image URL for avatar

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby smoky » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:25 pm

M-Saunders wrote:
smoky wrote:Thats fine, I know that, but no one has suggested how to do that yet

1) Upload pic to http://imageshack.us
2) Use image URL for avatar

M

Thanks for that, but it still seems a little silly joining a site just to have one avatar, but it worked...thanks!
smoky

Postby M-Saunders » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:35 pm

smoky wrote:Thanks for that, but it still seems a little silly joining a site just to have one avatar, but it worked...thanks!

What site did you have to join? Anyone can host pics on ImageShack as far as I know -- you don't have to sign up.

M
Last edited by M-Saunders on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby smoky » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:40 pm

M-Saunders wrote:
smoky wrote:Thanks for that, but it still seems a little silly joining a site just to have one avatar, but it worked...thanks!

What side did you have to join? Anyone can host pics on ImageShack as far as I know -- you don't have to sign up.

M

I went to Image Shack, but when I uploaded the pic, it asked me to join, I said no, but could not find my image, so did it again and it asked me again to join, so I did, and then I could find my pic, so I take it you have to join to post a picture on there, unless I missed something, but I doubt it, as I did not want to join and searched thoroughly to find the image to no avail.
smoky

Postby M-Saunders » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:50 pm

Nah, I've just tested -- select the file, click Upload Now and it gives you the URL. You have to register for editing features but for uploads it's not required.

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby smoky » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:52 pm

M-Saunders wrote:Nah, I've just tested -- select the file, click Upload Now and it gives you the URL. You have to register for editing features but for uploads it's not required.

M

Oh well, I must be daft, as it "was not" visible to me when I uploaded it.
smoky

Previous

Return to Off Topic