Synology DSM 3.0 user interface feedback

For discussing Linux compatible (or not) devices

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Synology DSM 3.0 user interface feedback

Postby M-Saunders » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:32 am

Lo folks,

You might have seen the Synology NAS box competition on the blog. Synology are also running a beta for DSM 3.0, and they're interested in feedback on the user interface. There's a live trial and free download here:

http://www.synology.com/enu/DSM3.0/index.php

The Synology folks will be watching this thread, so if you try it, please jot down your thoughts!

Update: DSM 3.0 has now been released and the trial is over. Here's information on 3.0:

http://www.synology.com/enu/products/features/index.php

M
Last edited by M-Saunders on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Page not found

Postby realflash » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:57 am

A little hard to evaluate when the link is dead...
realflash

Postby nelz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:12 am

The home page states that DSM 3.0 is available now, so it's hardly surprising they've closed the beta test.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby dandnsmith » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:53 am

Chasing down to the download page I found:
Due to users' feedback on possible malfunction during DSM 3.0 upgrades, the DSM download link is temporarily closed. We had identified the root cause and will reopen the download link shortly as soon as the fix is ready.

Gotcha.
Derek
dandnsmith
LXF regular

Postby nelz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:20 am

Sounds like they should have let the beta test run a little longer :(
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby Dutch_Master » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:12 pm

Unless there was a fundamental flaw identified during beta-testing in their design that needed urgent fixing ;)
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

Postby nelz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:29 pm

If you find a fundamental flaw during beta testing, you don't make a release until it is fixed and tested.
nelz
Site admin

Synology not fair

Postby kalvin1 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:42 pm

I got a problem with Photo Station 4 on last DSM 3.0 like lots of people in this forum (original images OK but thumbnails and lots of photos in galleries are corrompted).

I gave Synology the full admin username and my admin password... since... my NAS is not reachable anymore... My NAS is not at home... but very far away from me !

They should hire IT guys and not cookers.

I know that my message will not appear on your forum, I don't mind and Yi-Lin Huang (Synology hire), if he's next to me... grrrrrr !

I'll copy this text and will put to all forum in the world and I hope that this company will trust users like me as I try my best to update them the best I can so they can improve... but instead of this... they've failed so I won't trust them anymore !

:evil:
kalvin1

Return to Hardware