Mercury 1200U scanner

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Mercury 1200U scanner

Postby magpieiain » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:16 pm

Help!! I have just brougt a new scanner. It is a Mercury Scanner 1200U. It isn't recognised by SUSE 9.2, and I don't seem to be able to get any drivers for it.
I could use Windoze to save the files and use them from that drive if I have to, but I would prefer to use Linux (I am too lazy to keep re-booting). Can anyone suggest how I may be able to get it working?

Thanks,

Iain
magpieiain

RE: Mercury 1200U scanner

Postby davecs » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:57 pm

Mercury? Never heard of that brand. Not mentioned at the "SANE" site at all. To be honest, scanners are a problem. The only one I can think of that works out of the box and is currently on sale as new is the Canon LiDE20. If you search around you may get the higher res but superceded Canon LiDE30. But don't take that as an endorsement of Canon, because their support for scanners is poor and none of their other models (including the similarly numbered LiDE35) will work under Linux at present.

If SANE cannot find it, you other chance is that the manufacturer provides a driver for it. This applies to some Epson and Brother scanners. Try searching the manufacturer's web site.

Don't hold out much hope, though!
davecs
LXF regular

RE: Mercury 1200U scanner

Postby Guest » Sun May 01, 2005 6:12 am

Thanks. I took it back to the shop and swapped it for a Genius one which is supported in SANE (GT68xx).

Return to Help!