automaticly print an email to a web page

Code junkies hangout here

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

automaticly print an email to a web page

Postby jonlewi5 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:27 pm

Hiya, im just looking for advice on where to start here.

Basicly, im a subscriber to a mailing list of a french hosting company, i do need to be able to read these posts and too be honest constantly having to translate 40 emails a day is getting a bit tedious, as you can imagine, so i want to basicly have a way of getting the email to a webpage and then use chrome as it automaticly translate it :D

I currently have my server running centos which is used for web hosting and emails. What i would like to do is have a script which runs every 30 mins or so that checks my inbox (which is on the server) and have it copy the content into a html page in the /var/www directory....

Im really not to sure where to start so have setup a test server, so far im trying a terminal email client (cone) in the hope i can write a script to output the content into another file which to be honest really isnt going well :(

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to how i could achieve this?

Thanks

Jon

-=EDIT=-

Well iv been working on this for a little while now, i have found a php script that allows me print emails into an RSS feed, not quite what i want, but its certainly a start :)

For the record, the script im using is found HERE
jonlewi5

Postby nelz » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Do you have a GMail account? There is an email translator in Google Labs . Once enabled, emails in a language other than your default have a "translate me" button. you could set up your server to forward mails from this list to a GMail account and read them there. It saves messing around converting them to HTML, let Google take care of that for you.

http://www.googletutor.com/2009/06/09/t ... matically/
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby jonlewi5 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:32 pm

Yeah i think im going to have to do that, thanks very much.

It just doesnt seem as fun :( haha but at least itll work! thanks very much.
jonlewi5

Postby graemef » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:14 am

Not as much fun but you could look at squirrelmail, which basically does what you asked for.
graemef

Return to Programming