Deep-Filled Steak And Kidney Pies

Non-computer-related chit-chat

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Deep-Filled Steak And Kidney Pies

Postby paul.brogan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:00 pm

Hello all,

I have come to the conclusion that deep-filled steak and kidny pies are not as deep-filled as they used to be, or indeed should be.

Last night I bought some deep-filled steak and kideny pies for dinner, and I was most disappointed at the meagre amount of filling that was inside the aforesaid pies.
When I get home from a hard days work, I require a pie that will give me satisfaction; the pies that I purchased did nothing of the kind. In fact, I was so angry about such a pathetic amount of steak and kidney filling in this so-called deep-filled pie that my girlfriend tells me that it took nearly 45 minutes to calm me down (I have no recollection of this, as I take 75mg of Venlafaxine every day for depression and to curb unsuitable desires).

This is a trend that has been going on for some time, and appears to have affected the amount of filling in cheese and onion pies, cornish pasties as well as steak and kidney pies; only the humble pork pie appears to have escaped this indignity.

Now is the time for all British men and women of good character to rise up in protest against the desecration of a pie that has been venerated for many a long year; the deep -filled steak and kideny pie!!!

If anybody would like to email me to discuss deep-filled pies, they may do so at: paul.brogan25(at)yahoo.co.uk
paul.brogan

RE: Deep-Filled Steak And Kidney Pies

Postby Rhakios » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:07 pm

Actually, I generally find pies and pasties of all types to be a lot better these days than they were in the seventies and eighties, when all you got was a bit of gravy with a few lumps of gristle in it.
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

RE: Deep-Filled Steak And Kidney Pies

Postby paul.brogan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:17 pm

Ah yes, they old Birds Eye ones; most unsatifactory. These days if you want a 'mans' pie you need to get your wife or girlfriend to make one for you. I asked my girlfriend to make me a pie and she told me to 'get stuffed', so I am searching the net right now for a good recipe. Will post back if I find a good one...
paul.brogan

Re: RE: Deep-Filled Steak And Kidney Pies

Postby Rhakios » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:27 pm

paul.brogan wrote: I asked my girlfriend to make me a pie and she told me to 'get stuffed', so I am searching the net right now for a good recipe.

For stuffing? :D
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Postby MartyBartfast » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:46 pm

paul.brogan wrote:. I asked my girlfriend to make me a pie and she told me to 'get stuffed', so I am searching the net right now for a good recipe. Will post back if I find a good one...

Why not do the job properly and search the net for a good girlfriend? I'm told there are a lot of nice ladies in Russia, they'll probably be prepared to make you some nice pies once you've stumped up the cash for their plane tickets...
MartyBartfast
LXF regular

RE: Re: RE: Deep-Filled Steak And Kidney Pies

Postby risc_user » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:51 pm

We get pies from the local farmers. They're big solid heavy things that are about 7% pastry and can be used in combat. The pies that is...
risc_user

Postby paul.brogan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:40 pm

I'll tell you something Martybartfast, I'd drop my girlfriend at a drop of the hat but a) her old man is loaded b) she has a nice house and c) she is dirty.

I'd give it all up for a good pie with adequate filling though....
paul.brogan

Re: RE: Re: RE: Deep-Filled Steak And Kidney Pies

Postby MartyBartfast » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:12 pm

paul.brogan wrote:I'll tell you something Martybartfast, I'd drop my girlfriend at a drop of the hat but a) her old man is loaded b) she has a nice house and c) she is dirty.

I'd give it all up for a good pie with adequate filling though....

I hope she doesn't frequent this forum then, or you're in trouble!

One of the best pies I've ever had was the Steak & Kidney Pudding from the Delia Smith recipie book, cooked for me by Mrs Martybartfast.
Edit to add that I know this is a pudding & not a pie, and there's a difference, I expect someone would be along to point that out sooner or later!
MartyBartfast
LXF regular

Postby Dutch_Master » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:29 pm

paul.brogan wrote:I asked my girlfriend to make me a pie and she told me to 'get stuffed'
Well, this is what your girlfriend wants you to turn into:
Given the female psyche, maybe she tried to tell you that you just need to cuddle her more often ;)

(Yeah, I know I'm good ;) I know what makes women tick :P)
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

Postby Rhakios » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:06 pm

Dutch_Master wrote:(Yeah, I know I'm good ;) I know what makes women tick :P)

Tourette's syndrome?
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Postby Dutch_Master » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:35 pm

No, I'm a male lesbian ;) True, many men are, but according to my ex-girlfriend, I 'know what I'm doing'... But that's way OT here :P
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

Postby pootman » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:18 am

I thought i was only gone for a couple of weeks, but it seems like off-topic is much more off topic than it used to be.

Anyway, I'm with martybartfast:

1. If she's not even willing to enter negotiations about deep-filled pies then you should re-evaluate your commitment to this woman, even if she is, like our washing basket in this current wet weather, loaded and dirty.

2. Delia's Steak and Kidney Pudding, whilst technically not a pie, is a tasty pie.
This signature has been produced using traditional writing methods on behalf of The Campaign For Real Slogans.
To enjoy this signature at its best, adjust your monitor's resolution to 1024x768.
pootman
LXF regular

Return to Off Topic