spam in the desktop poll

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

spam in the desktop poll

Postby nordle » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:10 pm

http://tinyurl.com/2s8yqp

Can someone deal with this?

After I've clicked on all the links of course ;)
I think, therefore I compile
nordle
LXF regular

RE: spam in the desktop poll

Postby Rhakios » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:39 pm

If you look at past polls, you find that henry has posted more such links all over them. Mike normally deals with this, but he's away this week, so unless one of the other admins can do it, we'll have to wait for a bit. You might also notice that we don't have any such stuff (at the moment) in the news stories comments, because you now have to solve basic arithmetic to post a comment: spambots can't do this, yet.
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Postby nordle » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:19 pm

I should have just about managed to click on each link by the time Mike gets back, phew, for a moment I thought I'd miss something :roll:

Muppets!
I think, therefore I compile
nordle
LXF regular

Postby M-Saunders » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:27 am

Righto, it's cleaned up now. The bot-checking code has worked on the news stories, so when I get a spare mo I'll add it to the polls.

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Re: RE: spam in the desktop poll

Postby Dutch_Master » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:35 am

Rhakios wrote:spambots can't do this, yet.
I like to emphasise those last 3 letters: yet. It's only a matter of time until they can. As long as there are stupid (yes, they are plain stupid!) people clicking those spam-links, spammers will continu posting their crap in as many crowded public places as they can, preferably more then once.
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

RE: Re: RE: spam in the desktop poll

Postby Rhakios » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:32 pm

Well, I did use the word "yet" for very much that reason. After all, money is a great incentive to invention, almost as much as necessity.

By the way, Mike, I hope you had a good holiday. Can we expect to see the version of MikeOS soon? I can't remember where I read it, but I seem to recall you mentioning that a new version with GUI might be lurking around a near corner.
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Postby M-Saunders » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:12 am

Yes thanks, it was a good little break. I haven't worked on the GUI for a couple of months... Something is icky with the PS/2 mouse driver and fixing that could take a while. I may put up a 'pre-release' in the hope that someone offers a hand :-)

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby kilikopele » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:45 am

Are you really asking for someone to "give you a hand driving your mouse?" That's sick.

My problem in attempting to post to the blog was that it asked for F O U R + O N E and I typed "FIVE". Apparently, Spambots aren't the only ones who can't figure out the logic!
kilikopele
LXF regular

Return to This Website