Keyboard problems with LF Web Special(Ed 10)

Help and discussion about non-Linux operating systems

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Keyboard problems with LF Web Special(Ed 10)

Postby TuxDreamer » Sat May 19, 2007 3:02 pm

Hi,

I have installed Ubuntu 6.10 on a virtual box as per instructions, but when I try to type with the laptop keyboard, all I get is gobbledegook. I have an HP Pavilion ze2355EA running Windows XP SP2. It has an AMD Turion 64, 2G memory. I wanted to try this out on the virtual disk before committing myself to using it on my Ubuntu machine - in case I messed up. My mouse works fine. It is just the keyboard. Any ideas? :?
TuxDreamer

RE: Keyboard problems with LF Web Special(Ed 10)

Postby MikeHarvey » Sun May 20, 2007 11:00 am

Have you checked that Ubuntu is set up for whatever keyboard layout you're using (UK, Dvorak, US etc)?
MikeHarvey

Postby M-Saunders » Mon May 21, 2007 8:51 am

What keyboard layout are you using in Windows?

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby JerryP » Tue May 29, 2007 2:46 pm

I have EXACTLY this same problem except that I am running Vbox 1.3.8 in Mandriva Free Spring 2007 and the OSes I can't type in are Windows or Puppy and my box is a desktop. To give you a sample of the "goobledegook", (using home row) caps lock = space, A = 1, S = t, D = 4, F = 6, G = 7, H = 8, J = 0, K = -, L = =, ; = v, ' = b and enter = x. Nothing else is right and Esc = enter. Windows says the keyboard is OK and outside of Vbox the keyboard works OK in Mandriva. I have posted the question to Vitrualbox.org and Linuxquestions.org and haven't gotten any replies. This forum is the first place I have found someone with the same problem.
JerryP

Return to Other OS