At Last this site works

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

At Last this site works

Postby bigblack » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:33 am

I have commented before that this site does not fit the browser window.

It does now - WELL DONE - looks like someone has improved their website skills. :D
bigblack

RE: At Last this site works

Postby M-Saunders » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:50 am

Hurrah! How didn't it fit into the browser window before -- do you mean horizontally or vertically?

If anyone spots any bugs from the changes, please do let me know!

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby spottedcat » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:14 am

I wonder if the problem is something I experienced and then solved. With the 1.5.0.3 or .4 versions of firefox, but not 1.5.0.2 or 1.07, some pages of this website wouldn't fit in the browser window (horizontally) if I was not logged in. (This was not the long posted url problem.) If I logged in (with extralite theme enabled), the pages displayed OK.

But then I noticed that I had blocked 'linuxformat.co.uk/banners' in Adblock2. Unblocked it and Imax Cinema mode went away.
spottedcat
LXF regular

Postby M-Saunders » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:28 am

Bizarre! If anyone else is having that problem, I'll look into it.

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby bigblack » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:06 am

Hurrah! How didn't it fit into the browser window before -- do you mean horizontally or vertically?

Horizontally. :D

I wonder if the problem is something I experienced and then solved. With the 1.5.0.3 or .4 versions of firefox, but not 1.5.0.2 or 1.07, some pages of this website wouldn't fit in the browser window (horizontally) if I was not logged in. (This was not the long posted url problem.) If I logged in (with extralite theme enabled), the pages displayed OK.

But then I noticed that I had blocked 'linuxformat.co.uk/banners' in Adblock2. Unblocked it and Imax Cinema mode went away.

For me it did not matter which version of firefox was used - just did not fit.

I did adblock the images on the home page that went with the "news of interest" articles in the centre of the home page, and this solved the problem. They have reappered (so I guess the name/title/whatever has changed for these), but the problem has not returned.

all the best.
bigblack

Postby GMorgan » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:04 pm

Talking about this, recently I'm getting horizontal forum stretching in Firefox quite regularly (like on the front page, it usually only happens for uncropped links). Doesn't happen for Konqueror though.
GMorgan
LXF regular

Postby ryptyde » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:16 am

Hey remember when the site would take eons to load? It was murder on dial-up back then,glad it is just an ocassional glitch now.

I had made some unwise adblock changes that have caused firefox to hiccup.Then there has been times when web pages were also to large for my browser window but not on this site that I recall.

Phil
ryptyde

Return to This Website