Linux Format Binders

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Linux Format Binders

Postby Gordon » Mon May 16, 2005 8:23 pm

Is there any chance of you nice folks at Linux Format selling binders for the magazine?

I, for one, would buy at least enough of them for every issue since the trial magazine Linux Answers came out. I'm not looking for something cheap. I would like to see a good quality binder on sale for one of the best references to Linux on the market.

I want to keep my superb collection of Linux format in as pristine a condition as I can manage. I'm sure it will be collectable when I approach my retirement (2025!).

Yes that's grovelling.

Keep up the good work.

Gordon :D
Gordon
LXF regular

RE: Linux Format Binders

Postby Nobber » Thu May 19, 2005 4:06 pm

Seconded.

The only magazine binders I can find in stationery shops are the ones with the steel dividers that tend to rust and leave an unsightly orange deposit all over the pages. I want ones with (non-rusting) plastic divider strips!
800 LINES ERIC - GET BACK TO PYSKOOL
Nobber
LXF regular

Postby Nigel » Thu May 19, 2005 4:35 pm

I use the magazine boxes that stationers sell... the cardboard ones that have the top and half of one side open so you can read the spines. I get about 20 issues per box (YMMV). Looks good on the shelf next to my desk at work :)
Hope this helps,

Nigel.
Nigel
LXF regular

Postby Gordon » Thu May 19, 2005 5:41 pm

I was thinking of the type of binder which enables one to browse through the issues much like those partworks which go on sale every Christmas. I can't find anything suitable in Bradford, not even the binders with the steel dividers anymore. The type of binder which Everyday & Practical Electronics sells, with plastic dividers, would be ideal.

What about it LXF? :idea:
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
Gordon
LXF regular

Postby Nigel » Thu May 19, 2005 6:32 pm

I know what you mean... we have them for ComputerActive. Trouble is, LXF is a bit thicker & heavier than the usual type of mag that goes into these binders - I don't know if it would work.

But if they do produce some, I'll go for them as well :D
Hope this helps,

Nigel.
Nigel
LXF regular

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs