cover disc mandriva 2005

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

cover disc mandriva 2005

Postby Guest » Mon May 09, 2005 8:20 pm

I tried to instaall Mandriva 2005 but get an error message "Super Block" corrupt. How do I clear this? :cry:

RE: cover disc mandriva 2005

Postby nelz » Mon May 09, 2005 9:17 pm

Could you give some more information? Like what you were dong at the time, at what stage of the installation did this occur, some details of your hardware.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby Guest » Tue May 10, 2005 6:23 pm

(Different Guest!)

I get as far as the summary during installation and get an error message;

postscript-ppds rpm not found

FYI, disc 3 is in the drive.

Do you have any solutions?
Ta,
Blemon.

Postby nelz » Tue May 10, 2005 6:39 pm

That RPM is not on the CDs, but the install builder should ensure that it doesn't try to install something that's not present. You should be able to just click back or cancel to get out of this.

I didn't see anything like this when testing the CDs.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby Guest » Tue May 10, 2005 11:23 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply, Nelz.

Nope, all I get is an OK button bottom-right and it seems to go anywhere after clicking it (many times!). Occasionally, in the background, I see something saying checking installed packages but it's just a flash then the panel clears leaving me with the OK button. I've tried ESCaping, but that doesn't do anything either!
Ta,
Blemon.

Postby nelz » Wed May 11, 2005 6:47 am

All I can think is that something you ticked in the package selection window needs this package. Try again, but select less packages, the defaults are a good starting point. It's just as easy to add extra packages after installation, with the advantage that Mandriva's software manager will download any missing packages automatically.
nelz
Site admin

Postby Guest » Wed May 11, 2005 11:09 am

Hi, Nelz,

Looks like I've got a working installation now. You read my mind about just installing the defaults initially then putting the extras on later.

Thanks for you prompt replies,
Blemon

fhgf

Postby hgfhfg » Sun May 15, 2005 3:35 pm

hgfhfg

Return to Help!