Please could someone help. I've been trying to fix the problem myself for the last few days, trying it every which way I can and it's driving me nuts!
I'm trying to install DVDRipper from the June issue of the magazine for perfectly legal reasons. I'm using Susie 9.2 and KDE. Here's what I'm doing:
1. Copying the folder from the disc to my home directory
2. Opening Konsol
3. CD to my home directory and to the program's diretory that I coppied from the disc
4. Do the tar xzvf thing to the file marked .tar.gz just as is said in the magazine
5. The Konsol lists the contents of the file as DVDripper.jar and README
6. I CD back to the location of DVDRipper.jar
7. I try the ./ configure thing and get the message "No such file
This is not surprising as the .jar file appears to be an archive in itself and so...
8. I tried to tar xzvf the .jar file and get the message "gzip stdin has more
than one entry, rest igonred. tar: child returned status 2 tar: error
exit delayed from previous errors
9. I have tried to extract the .jar file manually by using ARK - I can extract
the files, but to where to I copy them - and don't they have to be
configured and make installed first?
10. I've tried doing the above several times, just to make sure I'm
not making any typos
I'm sure it's something very simple that I'm doing wrong so please be patient because I really have tried to put it right myself. Many thanks