Groupware software...

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Groupware software...

Postby kevincolyer » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:51 pm

Dear LXF forum folks,

I have been looking around for open source web based groupware projects for a while now, I am looking for some help finding the right one for me...

I have been using Yahoo's advertising based service which is great and allows one user to subscribe to many groups which is pretty much the way I want things to work. all the other stuff onthe site is good except for one thing... I would love there to be a wiki component too. I think this would make all the difference and turn it into a work tool which is what i want.

So any ideas of any projects very similar to Yahoo's groups but including a wiki component or at least projects close to this but needing a wiki added?

I have been looking and found a lot of projects but noe that allow one user logn access to many groups which is the way I want it to work.

Please help before I have to resort to learning php from scratch!!!!

thanks,

Kevin
kevincolyer

RE: Groupware software...

Postby towy71 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:30 pm

got this by asking:linux Groupware software with a wiki component
in ggogle

http://www.icewalkers.com/opd/Computers ... en_Source/
and this was in that page
http://www.phpgroupware.org/

HTH
Dick
still looking for that door into summer
towy71

RE: Groupware software...

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:21 am

Thanks, I never got to Ice Walker seems ot have lots of links. PHPgroupeware looks good. I got Egroupware (which is a fork of this I think) to work but it does not quite have the groups capability that I wanted... I will keep looking, so thanks for the help!

Re: Groupware software...

Postby bvcbvc » Sun May 15, 2005 3:42 pm

bvcbvc

Return to Help!