Cover disc ArchBang

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Cover disc ArchBang

Postby Chux » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:33 pm

First of all hello to everyone. I am in a bit of a perdicament. I have just purchased a copy of the magazine hoping to put ArchBang on my PC as its old and only 32bit. I have booted the disc in my PC which currently has no OS installed but cant find a way to boot the iso for it.

Another option I have is to use plop and install the copy of lubuntu i have recently downloaded to my phone so I can use usb to boot as my BIOS does not support usb boot. But i cannot figure out how to boot plop from the disc either.

If anyone could clarify how i would go about doing either of these i would appretiate it. I would like to opologise if the information on how to do this is contained on the disc but like I stated before my PC currently has no OS therefore I cannot view the help on the disc.

Thanks for any help - Marcus.
Chux

Postby lok1950 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:24 pm

I don't have the mag yet but the ArchBang on the disc may just be an iso image so you would have to burn it to a CD.

Enjoy the Choice :)
lok1950
LXF regular

Postby Chux » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Thank you for the reply is there any chance if someone with a copy of the magazine and cover disc can confirm this for me? and if this isnt the case provide me with the file path to it thanks. I have found yhe paths to Mint, Fedora and Mageia but still havent found it to ArchBang.

Or even the path to plop?

Thanks again - Marcus.
Chux

Postby dandnsmith » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:44 am

It is, indeed, an ISO, and there is an ArchBangISO directory on the CD with the actual ISO inside it.
This confirms what the DVD cover says (ISO)
Derek
dandnsmith
LXF regular

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs