Issue 155 not arriving in the Netherlands?

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Issue 155 not arriving in the Netherlands?

Postby lmpoleij » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi all,

I still haven't received issue 155. Normally I get it about two weeks after it enters the shops in the UK (one week if I'm lucky), which would have been last Thursday.
Anyone else in the Netherlands who hasn't got their copy yet?

Leo.
lmpoleij

Postby Dutch_Master » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:05 am

/me raises hand

I was just about ready to ask Katy for a replacement, but I'll await her response here first.... :roll:

However, issue 155 has arrived timely in NL, just not on the doormat of subscribers: I saw it in bookshops last week already... :evil: :evil: :evil: I'd be very cross with Future Publ. if it turns out the issue has been sold out before we (I!) get our (my!) replacement copy.... :roll: :evil:
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

Postby katystar » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm

I've just raised this with our mailing house and they aren't aware of any problems. Are you able to email me your subscription details for us to look into more closely? My email is katy.robinson@futurenet.com

Will then see what they come back with and if replacements need to be sent out instead. Sorry for the delay.

Many Thanks,
Katy
Katy Robinson
Direct Marketing Product Manager
Linux Format magazine
katystar

Postby Fíona » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:08 pm

I also have not yet received my 155 issue and as with Dutch_Master, I saw the 155 in the bookshop a week or two ago.
Myfavouritemagazines, won't be my favourite magazines if don't receive either my original or replacement copy before they're sold out!!
Last edited by Fíona on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fíona

Postby katystar » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi Fiona,

I've spoken to our mailing house and all copies were sent out on 26th January so it is being looked into with DHL. As soon as I hear more I'll be in touch as they should have arrived by now. If you email me subscription details I can keep you updated and send out replacements if needed. I just want to see what the hold up is first before we start sending more copies encase they don't get through either.

Apologies for the delay,
Katy
Katy Robinson
Linux Format magazine
katystar

Postby Fíona » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Hallo Katy,

my details should be in your inbox, now.
Fíona

Postby lmpoleij » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Katy,

I just mailed my subscription details to you.
Thanks for looking into it.

Leo
lmpoleij

Postby katystar » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 am

For those who have emailed me about this I've requested replacement copies and you should have had an email from me to confirm this.

If anyone else is experiencing delays with this issue please let me know as DHL are unaware of any delivery problems that could have caused delays.

Kind Regards,
Katy
Katy Robinson
Linux Format magazine
katystar

Postby RolandS » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:35 pm

katystar wrote:For those who have emailed me about this I've requested replacement copies and you should have had an email from me to confirm this.

If anyone else is experiencing delays with this issue please let me know as DHL are unaware of any delivery problems that could have caused delays.

Kind Regards,
Katy

Same problem here; I will mail you my subscription details.
RolandS

Postby Dutch_Master » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:30 pm

I've got an email from Katy last Wednesday, informing me a replacement copy had been sent. To date (Tuesday) it has not arrived. As issue 156 is in the shops shortly I'm considering buying LXF 155 before the next issue arrives there...

IMO it could have to do with what partner DHL uses to deliver the issues to Dutch subscribers. As the postal market here is, in contrast to the UK, quite open, some companies employ "deliverers" with a questionable work ethic to save pennies... :roll:
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

Postby RolandS » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Dutch_Master wrote: As issue 156 is in the shops shortly I'm considering buying LXF 155 before the next issue arrives there...

You could download issue 155.
RolandS

Postby Fíona » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:07 pm

I am also still waiting on lxf 155. In response to Rolands suggestion to download 155...
yes we could do that but to my mind, there's still nothing to beat leafing through the pages of the real thing so I have resisted the temptation of downloading 155 and am patiently waiting. I just hope 155 arrives in the next day or 2 and I don't have to resort to downloading.
I agree with Roland on the post market thing, they called it liberating the market here, it' s nothing short of a disaster area, so beware when they decide to liberate you in the UK from Royal Mail!
Fíona

Postby lmpoleij » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:37 pm

I haven't received it yet either.
But from Katy's post above I see that normally the issue is sent out a week before it enters the shops in the UK. And I normally receive it about two weeks after that...So, if the issue sent last week takes the same route, I still have two weeks of anxious waiting :wink: And maybe, issue 156 will arrive even earlier.
I have also downloaded the magazine, but I don't really like reading PDF's from screen.

But I agree on the status of the postal market in the Netherlands. Last month I received a birthday card three days after my birthday, which had clearly been posted before my birthday (date on the stamp). And in the >4 years as a subscriber, this is the first time I haven't received my magazine. There is probably some link with the replacement of the good old postman with housewives and students.
lmpoleij

Postby Dutch_Master » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 pm

RolandS wrote:You could download issue 155.
I could. But I've paid for a paper version... :roll:

Anyway, I've now purchased LXF155 from a bookshop, so I'll ask Katy to extend my subscription if #155 doesn't show up shortly... :?

(AKO/Bruna op A'dam CS, Den Haag CS en Leiden hadden nog meerdere exemplaren staan in de laatste 5 dagen!)
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

Postby Fíona » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:16 am

If I understand lmpoleij correctly, it takes 2 weeks for linuxformat to travel from somewhere in Engeland to the Netherlands!
So I started thinking, how long it would take someone to walk that distance? I could ask a colleague who is planning to walk to Santiago de Compostela (for the second time!), she has obvious experience with long distance walking!
But I don't really think that my lxf is travelling by foot, so I am curious; how does lxf gets from somewhere in Engeland to the northern Netherlands....tracert lxf.
Fíona

Next

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs