Digital Subscriptions

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Digital Subscriptions

Postby MessedUpHare » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:24 pm

I've had a paper subscription to Linux Format for a while now and I'm getting to the stage where I've got a fair amount of dead tree sitting in my shelves, taking up valuable space in my flat

I would like to go to a Digital-only subscription.. But I'm a little hesitant because of what is offered by Linux Format..

I have also started a shorter-term subscription to Linux Journal... Their model is far-from perfect, but I really prefer the addition download formats they offer (besides PDF, which is.. let's face it, the most useless use of a computer ever... emulating paper?!?!)

additionally, I feel their is an increasing trend towards i-devices which I am a little perturbed by.. howabout an EPUB and/or MOBI optimized version LXF people? I don't feel it's essential to register it to the amazon whispernet and all that cruft...

And that, is the end of my mini-rant (i think)

Stewart
MessedUpHare

Digital Version of "Linux Format" / DVD Contents

Postby tomcraig » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:15 pm

I would like to have access to the sample files mentioned in the "Conquer the Command Line" article in the December 2011 "Linux Format". Is there any way for digital subscribers to access files such as this without having purchased the print version of the magazine with DVD?
tomcraig

Postby Ben » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:32 am

tomcraig

The files for the tutorials (and, if you wish, the entire DVD) is downloadable from the LXF archives. The Conquer the Comandline issue (151) is here: http://linuxformat.com/archives?issue=151. These files are public so you can download them regardless of whether you're a subscriber.

Cheers,

Ben
Ben

Postby Brian Hunter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Leave old copies of the magazine around Ninja style. If you are going to the dentist, stuff a few in your bag and drop them off. Leave a few lying about staff rooms in work ect.

Try not to get caught though. Not for any other reason than it's more fun.
Brian Hunter

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs