Recommend me a PHP Book

Discussion topics, Linux related - not requests for help

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Recommend me a PHP Book

Postby bobthebob1234 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:26 pm

I like to think I am a 'intermediate' php coder, with 5+ years with php, the past year and a bit with oo php. I am looking to improve my skills, without spending ££££ on a bit of paper from zend saying I can codes.

I just read the review for PHP Objects, Patterns and Practice from LXF141, and I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions to add(preferably available for me to read on my andriod tablet)

Cheers
For certain you have to be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was
bobthebob1234
LXF regular

Postby Ram » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:06 pm

This any good for you bob ?

at least its cheap :D

lubuntu LXDE 13.10 running on AMD Phenom II*4; ASUS Crosshair III Formula MB; 4 GB Ram.....
Ram
LXF regular

Postby leke » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:03 am

I'm a fan of SitePoint press books. They have a range of PHP (none of which I've read) books, but Master PHP (For intermediate PHPers) seems to be their most advanced. Link for some sample chapters.
leke
LXF regular

Postby 1slipperyfish » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:40 pm

leke wrote:I'm a fan of SitePoint press books. They have a range of PHP (none of which I've read) books, but Master PHP (For intermediate PHPers) seems to be their most advanced. Link for some sample chapters.

i get those type of things all the time for an easier way to learn to play guitar
how about this this ??
paul
i am a follower of the culture

1slipperyfish
Forum Jester

Postby leke » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:32 pm

1slipperyfish (troll) (troll) wrote:how about this this ??
paul

Careful now Paul :o
leke
LXF regular

Postby madoba » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:28 pm

leke wrote:I'm a fan of SitePoint press books. They have a range of PHP (none of which I've read) books, but Master PHP (For intermediate PHPers) seems to be their most advanced. Link for some sample chapters.

Join safaribooksonline.com and enter in PHP in the search and use whatever book strikes your fancy.

I find sarfaribooksonline.com to be quite useful and actually have $9.99 membership that gives me access to up to 5 books a month.

In my online 5-slot bookshelf where I can change out the books every 30 days I have Begining PHP 5.3, and Sitepoints- PHP Master: Write Cutting-edge Code, but being new to PHP I primarily use the Begining PHP 5.3, along with youtube videos.
madoba

Return to Discussion